Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 19 August 2012

Near at hand

The weather's been unpredictable so I have had to content myself with a quick dash to photograph familiar subjects within a quarter of a mile from my home.

Alerted by an article in the Amateur Photographer (my weekly fix) I had enjoyed the (on-line) exhibition from the London Salon and hoped to do some pictorialist images but these will have to wait.

http://www.londonsalon.org/#/101st-exhibition-2012/4562262290

It's comforting that there is still a thread to the Photo-Secessionists and Brotherhood of The Linked Ring. Wonderful stuff!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Linked_Ring 

Although the fisheye converter may be seen as a gimmick I feel it does add an alternative perspective, not necessarily trout like. The following images were taken from the same place but do convey a different mood. The first is at 28mm.







 .











.







A little further up stream is Cheesebottom Viaduct, where the Trans Pennine Trail goes over the River Don. Again it's a view that you see, as the eye scans the scene, but cannot photograph using affordable lenses.









.







The sun largely deserted me in Huthwaite Wood but as the trees had few leaves it did not really matter. I am really struggling to "see" in colour at the moment.







.







However I can't resist a bit of pictorial dabbling.









.