Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 16 September 2012

Cricket Inn Road

I was driving through the Wybourn area of Sheffield and came across a wonderful spread of wild flowers






.





The council has commissioned the seeding of a few verges in some of the poorest areas of the city and I am kicking myself that I have not sought out every site and tracked it through the year. I suppose that I should be grateful that I caught this group at its best.
















































.





I have a macro lens, bellows, ring flash, extension tubes etc. but I never use them. I must try and do better next year!











.







The display on Buchanan Road did not reach the same heights but was lovely in a rather more restrained way.










.








Given the level of vandalism and dumping or rubbish on these estates, it is reassuring that these wild flower planting seem to have escaped the mindless violence that can so often be a response to hopelessness.








.