Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 17 February 2013

Langsett and Woodhead

After several weeks photographic hibernation I set off with camera bag and tripod to pay homage to Elliott Porter. I have just bought an ex library book from Portland, Oregon via Amazon and it has rekindled my admiration for the great man.

http://www.cartermuseum.org/collections/porter/index.php

It may be interesting for those that think that digital, post processing is wrong to read how Elliott Porter prepared his images for publication.
.











































.































.







I especially wanted to try and find some colourful reflections and Brenda suggested I return to a little stream that runs down from the moor near Woodhead. The water is brown and peaty and flows over a bed of sandstone. 

The results are interesting. The sun shone from a cloudless sky and picked out a wide range of colours. I used the on-camera flash to minimize the surface reflections but (like an idiot) it never occurred to me to use a polorising filter.

The sun was so bright I could not check the results on the screen at the time and the intensity of the colours was a welcome surprise.

.



























.
















































.















































.

































.






























.




































.