Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 2 June 2013

Minolta Dimage V

I am now able to download images from my two Dimage Vs thanks to Tracy (from Poulton Le Fylde) who sent me the necessary cable. She was advised by her husband, who was in hospital undergoing major heart surgery. Wonderful people!

To offset this generosity I realized that I had misread the specification. The Dimage V does not have a 3 megapixel sensor (as first thought) but a 0.3 megapixel sensor. There's not a lot of detail possible from a tiny sensor like this so I have started with images with a strong graphic content, often featuring the garden table and chairs.

The little zoom lens is "focus free" i.e. set to its hyperfocal distance, with a macro setting. As the screen is tiny, with very poor resolution, it is hard to tell when the macro setting is needed.






























.

































.
































.

































.





























.










To be continued after I have recharged the batteries.

http://www.streettech.com/archives_hardware/dimageV.html

The following image has a special significance as it reminds me of my uncle, who lived in Aldeburgh, was a wood turner and died yesterday. He was a marvelous man of whom I only have good memories.














.


















.








We have moved our old wood burning stove in to the garden and here is Bren warming herself by it.
































.