Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Clubbing

In an attempt to get myself back in to a picture taking frame of mind, I have joined what's left of the Rotherham Photographic Society. Just seeing other people's stuff and talking about photography has had the desired effect and I now have a backlog of images to process.

We were off to Granada after my first club meeting and I decided to take some infra red pictures there. 





 .





A panoramic sweep was required to include the whole of the Sierra Nevada, the Alcazaba and the Generalife.

Walking my daughter's dog on some nearby waste ground gave a magnificent view of the snow capped mountains.















.






















.





I had worked out that a full, blue moon would rise above the mountains at sunset and was eager to record it. This coincided with the only cloudy evening so I decided to realise my dream by pasting in the moon, I should have seen, from the internet.


















.






I missed the meeting where members were photographing stressed plastic using polarised light but I had a go at home with a laptop monitor as the light source. The results were mundane but it got me into thinking about using a polarising filter after neglecting it for many years.
































.






















.






Using the filter by a stream near Woodhead was worthwhile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







































.

































.












































.



































.









Using the infra red camera during the same sunny spell was also rewarding.













































.




































.
































.


































. 
 
 
 
 
 
The RPS also gave me my first opportunity to photograph a model. Her name was Jordan
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







































.












































.













































.











































.






During a workshop on Adobe Lightroom we discussed focus stacking (to get everything sharp) and rather than buying new software I downloaded Combine ZP for free. Brenda's sun hat was the subject for my first stack:

































.






Another "first" for me was using continuous focus as the Tour de Yorkshire riders sailed up Thurgoland Bank. The camera (a Minolta Dynax 7D) was 15 years old so the results were not as spot on as one would expect today. Had it not been for a discussion on wildlife photography, I would not have remembered that my cameras had the ability to focus continuously. Churches and trees don't move very fast.














































.











































.








































.