Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Monday 1 October 2018

Near Grange

We enjoyed a fabulous week in the southern Lake District, staying in the faded elegance of Grange over Sands.

I had wanted to take some pictures of the limestone pavement near Ingleton but time pressures meant I never found the bit I was seeking and I had to make do with a shot of the Ribblehead viaduct.
























.





I had never been to Wastwater before but forgot to charge the batteries on both my cameras which meant only a handful of shots were possible. The first group of images are taken from half way along the lake towards Wasdale Head and Scarfell Pike.
































.



































.


































.

























.







The screes are famous for their bleakness and treacherous footpath. They shine orange in the setting sun but I had to contend with a noonday sun shining in my face.

































.








The hills on the northern shore were, by contrast, bathed in sunshine and looked quite cheerful.

































.







We drove up the east side on Coniston on a perfect morning but it was hard not to take a standard picture post card shot.


























.

































.
































.


































.












































.