Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Saturday 2 September 2023

Throapham

Saint John's Church in Throapham was one of the first conserved churches that I visited regularly. The key holder lived nearby but now there is a combination lock and a phone number to get the code.

It was wonderful to return to one of the best naves that I know. Three bays, Perfection!




























.







The main reason for visiting Throapham was to photograph my favourite funery brass plaque. 

I think it reads ...

An Epitaph on the right worshipful (?) John Mallevorer of Lettwell, in the county of York, Esquire. He most boutifully fed the poore. Loved all, and was of all beloved. The store of generous virtues; He that from his birth lived before (?) his fame must still inhabit the earth, hath left to earth, his earth, his better part. Heaven keeps his memory (in) each good man's heart. His dust lies here and I, a stone, must tell: amongst men, "Few men ever lived and died so well". TL

I sort of had a book (in my head) for many years, involving me helping the attractive lady treasurer of the multi million pound, John Mallevorer CharitableTrust Fund, who suspected corruption among her fellow trustees but felt threatened by them.



















.









Being in the vacinity, I had to visit All Saints again. It is a magnificent church, telephone wires excepted. 




















































.














The best view is from afar but I have yet to find the right spot and use a tripod.





















































.