Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 28 August 2011

A new start!

After numerous problems and frustrations with Serif, I look forward to blogging with Google.  I am storing images on Flickr and trying to get away with using the whole file even though this will greatly restrict the number I can store each month.The quality seems alright and they can be enlarged with a click of the left mouse button (use back arrow to return to the blog). There are some slide shows too and if you go to full screen in Flickr with these, you get a nice black background. It all seems too good to be true and it's free!

I invited all my friends to a party to celebrate this but;

This image and the one of the dead rabbit, flattened as if it were still running, define my photographic style quite well. This may not be a blog to raise your spirits but I hope you will find something in the stillness of the images.

My first blog was attached to: http://www.creightonandchurches.co.uk/ but this is now frozen because of corrupted files and a lack of interest from Serif. The world has therefore been denied important information about my recent photographic purchases, practices and trips.

The empty table, Flying Scotsman and step ladder are from a recent family trip to York National Railway Museum.

High fuel prices have dealt a blow to my church crawling so I have had to be content with more local trips.







I am still collecting and a Minolta ER is a recent buy. Mine has a dent in the prism to add to its charm. This was Minolta's only SLR with a leaf shutter and dates from 1963


I have also tried and failed to get in to macro photography despite buying a macro lens and some bellows.

My Sony Alpha 100 has been replaced by an Alpha 350. This means that the viewing screen is no longer blue and the files are much larger and more detailed. I have abandoned my Minolta X1 compact, because of the shutter lag, and now own a wonderful Sony HX5V. It's tiny, does all sorts of interesting things and produces decent images as well.