Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 29 April 2012

Anstey's Cove and Cadeby

We were in Torquay for a few days and on a sunny Saturday morning I popped down to Anstey's Cove. A large concreted area with a cafe above a tiny beach looked unpromising but the colours of the rocks and pebbles (especially with a boost from the software) were inviting.





 .







.










































.








.




.










I relied on the bright sunlight even though it may look like I used flash. The above shots were made using a Sony compact camera and the next is scanned from film.







.




A few days before going to Devon, I called in at Cadeby Church as I had failed to find inspiration elsewhere. Although in the hands of the Churches Conservation Trust the stonework is crumbling badly, which is sad as some of the carving is very fine. I used the Dynax 9 but was too lazy to use a tripod all the time so much film was wasted.













































The following shot could the called The Trinity i.e three in one