Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Saturday 14 April 2012

The Canal

Looking for excuses to use my Dynax 9, I walked a couple of stretched of the Sheffield Canal. It's not a very uplifting experience with derelict factories, unused narrow boats and lots of rubbish but it kept me amused.






.







.



I struggle with the colour of the scanned negatives and much time is spent cloning out the dust and checking the colour. I know that I have a tendency to over saturate the colours but I don't know if this is down to personal taste, colour blindness or a poor monitor. Probably a combination of all three.




 .









.





For reasons that are not clear to myself, I have acquired a second Dynax 9 camera body. It does not work, as the previous owner said that his wife was submerged by a large wave when using it. Even though I allegedly bought it for spares I really hoped that it would magically burst in to life once I took ownership of it. It is a professional camera after all and should be fully sealed. However it has no mechanical speeds, so once the electrics are knackered, all is lost.















.





.




This is how the canal basin in Sheffield looked 35 years ago. The warehouse is now apartments but attempts to enliven the area, with bars and restaurants, have not really come off.