Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Old Blog 2 - Bradford Museum

Posted by Norman Creighton at 00:00, November 25 2010.



I had a meeting in Bradford today so I made a bit of time to visit the photographic museum. There was a Fay Godwin exhibition that I fancied but ended up being a little disappointed. However one of the attendants offered to take my picture, which started a bit of a picture taking frenzy. I only had the inadequate Minolta X1 compact with me but used it until the battery ran down. Only a few of the shots were worth the trouble but at least I enjoyed myself.









Although there were several school parties visiting I managed to find some people-free spaces:








I thought the stair well was especially enjoyable with its combination of colours and reflections:









Looking down from a balcony gave a bird's eye perspective although I should have focused on the man's bald spot:









I particularly liked the juxtaposition of this empty display case, the electrical socket and the glow from the ceiling lights:









I haven't enjoyed a picture taking session as much for ages. The X1 may have 8MP but it is a rubbish camera because the images are very noisy and the shutter lag is a ridiculous 1.5 seconds even though that did not seem to matter for these images as little moved except myself.