Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 21 October 2012

Wigtwizzle Tints

Fog was forecast so I postponed my disappointment by not going top the Boston Spa Camera Fair on this occasion. Instead I felt I should try and record the autumnal changes that have kicked in during the past week and headed off for Wigtwizzle. For no particular reason I took "a road less travelled" and found myself in woodland that was new to me.









.






It felt wonderful, although I was rather discombobulated by the sound of (I think) a deer bellowing nearby.













































.







There was still a trace of mist which the sun picked out.















































.







Apart from being lacerated by brambles and stung by dying nettles I enjoyed myself and felt I captured the wood as I saw it.














































.








I even came across and abandoned woodcutter's hut.









.









And suffered further lacerations moving the brambles out of the way for the following shot.










.







I had planned to take lots of close-ups, and dusted off my close-up lens in anticipation, but this is as close as I got. The leaves appear to float above the forest floor.









.