Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Monday 21 April 2014

Tripod troubles

Some early morning jaunts over Easter have been frustrating. I was pleased to find this little pond near Wharncliffeside. I took my time and used a tripod but forgot to switch off the vibration reduction on the camera which meant that shots taken on a tripod can be slightly blurred as indeed mine are.



































.












































.






































.






The following day I arrived at Wigtwizzle determined to remember to turn off the vibration reduction. However when I was set up I discovered that the mounting plate on the tripod had fallen off somewhere in the woods. I am not proud of my language and hope the squirrels will forgive me.


































.








Cursing turned to astonishment as I then discovered that sleepy Wigtwizzle now has a motorway running through it - otherwise known as a bridlepath. It was opened a couple of weeks ago.

http://steelvalleyproject.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/new-bridleway-gets-official-opening/

The path is so steep in places that the idea of a wheel chair, or even a bike, getting to the top is laughable. Coming down is a different matter. Terrifying! Eventually it eases off at the bottom. 




































.



































.