Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Chemistry Cottages

Chemistry Cottages are about a mile from my home and I pottered round them yesterday, for the umpteenth time, seeking photographic inspiration.

I notice a group of trees that appealed but the light vanished as soon as I set up the tripod. I therefore had to try and recreate what I had first seen using software.
































.






A black and white conversion using a Topaz Labs plug-in was nearer to what I had first visualised.



































.







On my way back I saw the creative possibilities of a gate to a scrapyard, which I had passed and ignored many times over the past 40 years.


































.








As I was leaving, a man came out of the yard to speak to me. I was expecting a bollocking but instead received an invitation to photograph inside the gate.

An abandoned lorry trailer glowed within the gloom, with it's side covers mouldered to a rainbow like curtain and an old boiler peeping out from within..





































.











Even the nearby pebbles were multi-coloured.













































.






To make up numbers here are a few recent images that have missed the cut.


Kinder Downfall during last summer's drought.













































.






The Kinder River sans l'eau.
















































.









A gnarled oak tree near Guthwaite Hall













































.







From a Rotherham PS trip to Conisborough Church (the oldest building in South Yorkshire).















































.



























.


































.




































.









Edlington Church was the first church to be saved by the Churches Conservation Trust.















































.













































.









I'm not sure that Cadeby Church should have been saved as the Victorian stonework is so rotten it's going to cost a fortune to replace. The American Organ's not too good either.














































.












































.
































.