Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 12 February 2012

Scanning

The freezing weather and a lack of umph on my part has resulted in few winter images. I have therefore gone back to using my ancient Epson scanner both for direct scans and scanned photos.

Direct scans have a great sense of realism but the black background can become boring and dust and debris are a real problem. Modern scanners have programmes to eliminate dust but mine does not. Best not to look too close.







































Plants and flowers are easy subjects but quite complex still lifes can be created if you are obsessive enough.





































.




.




Plus some  Polaroid peppers







.
.
I bought a glass negative, on ebay, of Robin Hood's Bay (in the 1920's ?). Even though I processed and straightened it; the original has a good feel to it.







































I saved a few old photos from the bin after Brenda and Lucy had a "clear out" and scanned them. One of them featured Brenda.





Robin Hood's Bay and Whitby were regular holiday destinations for the Creighton family for many years. Its a wonderful part of the country.






My only recent image is of a car park near my office. Its called the cheese grater. Can't think why?