Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Thursday 21 June 2012

Sony DSC S50

Ebay has furnished me with a 12 year old digital camera, recording up to a mighty 2.1 MP. The sensor is supposed to be very sensitive to near infra red radiation and I am hoping to experiment with IR photography on the cheap.

It is, without a doubt, the most difficult camera that I have ever used with tiny icons and crazy menus. The camera designer and the author of the instruction book clearly never met. However it does have an articulated screen, which has lead me to taking pictures of myself. Also I am unwell, on my own and the weather is lousy.










































This is meant to be an Aladdin type analogy with the genie of the camera grumpily waiting to be found, fondled and freed




I have ended up whispering to the trees:









































As for IR photography, I have so far suffered from an absence of sunlight so the foliage does not appear as white as I would like it. The graininess comes from gross under exposure as I could not work out the exposure systems on the camera using my 720 nm filter. However there is a sense of a lost Fox Talbot





.




For more information on digital IR try: http://www.dapagroup.com/IR/index.html






.






.




I have also been investigating ancient Sony digital cameras and discovered this wonderful monster. Must have one!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F505/F505A.HTM









.






.








.

Or as recorded by the camera




.







.







.





.






.