Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 14 April 2013

Still Life?

My plan, this morning, was to use my 500 mm mirror lens (750 mm on my cropped sensor) to take images of tightly packed trees in Greno Woods. Needless to say, I was frustrated by wind, rain and indifference and returned home a tired and beaten man. However, as I have reserved an ancient macro lens from Denton Photo Optix, my mind turned towards still life and I dug out the cheap Chinese light tent I bought a few weeks ago.











































.






Our home only has a small number of possible subjects so I cobbled together a few things and hoped for the best. 

The results are alright but the ghost of Roger Fenton is unimpressed and a black and white conversion may well be more to his liking













.





.




































.



















.





















































































.






Well at least it's a change from trees and rocks.