Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Sunday 22 September 2013

Howbrook

Brenda took the bus a couple of days ago, as her car was being MoT'd, and from her elevated seat she spotted a field of sun flowers while rattling through Howbrook. I wandered over yesterday, with camera in hand, to find the field full of men wearing caps and earnest expressions but also carrying shotguns. I decided to come back later.

The sun flowers in this field would be rejected in Provance and being Yorkshire sun flowers they turned their backs on the sun, too embarrassed to expose their spotty faces. They were a welcome splash of colour none the less.







































.









My unsuitability as a wildlife photographer, due to a combination of short sight and a shorter attention span, was confirmed by my impatience at waiting for the sun flowers to stop oscillating in a gentle breeze.














































.





















.














.



























.










I rang the changes with some painterly effects in the editing software. 














































.















































.







Memories of Paul Caponigro led me to try black and white, without the master's magic touch.

Paul Caponigro images














































.









While the shooters were giving the local partridges a headache I wandered round a nearby golf course (with my updated Olympus camera) to record the first autumn tints, drying grasses and fluffy willow herb. 

I no longer play golf, by public demand.











































.














































.