Old Mill Lane

Old Mill Lane

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Familiar territory

Wortley Hall is our local stately pile and somewhere I gravitate to, when I want to take pictures, but have no particular place to go. I don't know the details, but it is likely that the Stuart Wortley family made their fortune from coal and iron and it was the wrought iron work that caught my interest on my most recent visit.



































.







































.


































.






The maintenance of the walled garden is one of the projects of Heeley City Farm.












































.



































.
















.




















.




















































There is a wealth of elegant decay












































.












































.





My standard shot of the fountain was enlivened by some accidental human interest.




































.








The hall hosts an annual car rally and these contrasting examples of cars of the fifties seemed nicely parked.

































.